ABC7’S GOOD MORNING WASHINGTON
LIVE’S AFTER OSCARS TRIP GIVEAWAY CALL-IN WITH QUALIFIERS
OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest: ABC7’s Good Morning Washington LIVE After Oscars Trip Giveaway
Station: Sinclair Television Stations, LLC dba WJLA/ 24/7 News
Station Address: WJLA, 1100 Wilson Blvd., 6th Fl. Arlington, VA 22209
Contest Area: District of Columbia, Maryland counties: Allegany, Calvert, Charles, Frederick, Montgomery, Prince Georges, St. Mary's, Washington; Virginia counties and cities: Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax County, Fauquier, Frederick, King George, Alexandria City, Arlington county, Falls Church City, Loudoun County, Page, Prince William County, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Warren and Westmoreland County. West Virginia counties: Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral, and Morgan. Fulton County, Pennsylvania
Sponsor(s): STATION PROMOTION
Prize Provider(s): Disney and ABC.
Age of Eligibility: Twenty-one (21)
Contest Period: February 4, 2019 to February 8, 2019
Program to Watch: Watch the Good Morning Washington program which the Station airs each weekday on channel 7 between 4:25 a.m. and 7:00 a.m.
Criteria to Qualify: Be the 7th caller to be a finalist
Number of Qualifiers for Each Cue to Call: Five (5)
Drawing Date: February 11, 2019
Total Number of Winners for Contest Period: One (1) Grand Prize Winner, four (4) second place winners.
Prize(s) and Value(s):
Second Place Prize: One (1) Kelly & Ryan swag bag consisting of a bag, mug, and hat, valued at $25.
Grand Prize: One (1) trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California to see "LIVE's After Oscar" show. The trip package includes round-trip coach air travel from a Washington, D.C. area airport to a Los Angeles, California airport; two (2) nights’ hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy);. admission to the contest winners’ reception sponsored by Disney and ABC); re-tipped car service to and from Los Angeles area airport and hotel; one (1) $250 Food & Beverage Award; two (2) VIP Seats at "LIVE's After Oscar" show at the Dolby Theatre at Hollywood & Highland Center on February 25, 2019, and one Kelly and Ryan swag bag. The LIVE show talent and production schedule is subject to change. Winner and guest must travel on the same itinerary on or about February 24 - 26, 2019. The approximate grand prize retail value of the prize is $4,000.00. The winner will be notified of the actual value based on the airfare at the time of booking.
Station’s Website: wjla.com
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://wjla.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations, and is void where prohibited.
Odds of winning depend on the number of valid and correct entries received, and the order in which calls are received.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
How to Enter, Qualify and Win
Entrants may attempt to enter as many times as they wish. At the time calls are solicited during the Program to Watch, the Criteria to Qualify will be announced. Viewers will call in on the designated telephone line announced on-air, in accordance with the Criteria to Qualify. On the Drawing Dates, the Total Number of Winners for the Contest Period will be selected by random drawing from among all valid qualifiers. All remaining qualifiers will be deemed second place winners.
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, entrants must be U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Residents and citizens of the European Union are not eligible to enter or win the Contest.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), each of their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for any telephone system failure or malfunctions or other inability of entrants to reach telephone entry line. All entries received from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. The Contest will be judged by Station personnel, and the decision of the judges will be final as to all matters, including (i) the order in which calls were received and (ii) whether any answer required to be given is correct. By calling the designated telephone line, each entrant gives permission to Station to record and/or broadcast contestant’s telephone call. Poorly connected or disconnected cellular phone calls may be disqualified. Calls for entrants are taken in order of receipt. In the event that more than one voice is heard on the phone line, the winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. The use of switching or programming equipment by anyone is in violation of contest rules and is not permitted. Due to any time delay between the Station’s over-the-air signal and the Station’s online webcast or streaming, viewers who watch the Station’s online stream may hear a cue to call later than viewers watching the over-the-air signal. As a result, the odds of an online/mobile viewer being able to enter or become a winner may be diminished.
3. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological glitch, or human error relating to the Contest.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed. Any trip related prizes are subject to advance reservation, availability and black-out dates, and do not include any meals, other transportation, gratuities, travel insurance, baggage fees, miscellaneous airline fees, excursions, spa treatments, or any other expenses. The Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible for winner’s failure to take the trip by the Prize Provider’s expiration date, or cancellation of the trip by the winner.
5. Each qualifier/second place winner will be notified at the time of his/her call. The grand prize winner will be notified by phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented. All persons traveling on the trip must be 18 years of age or over, unless travelers under 18 are accompanied by at least one adult who is the parent or legal guardian of all of the minors. Children under 10 years of age are not permitted. All persons traveling on the trip must also sign and return a release which must be returned with the winner’s release and affidavit of eligibility within three (3) days of winner’s notification.
6. If a qualifier/second place winner does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, and an alternate qualifier/second place winner will not be selected. If the grand prize winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the prize will be forfeited, time permitting, an alternate grand prize winner will be randomly selected from among remaining valid qualifiers. If time does not permit to select an alternate grand prize winner, then the grand prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one qualifier prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90 day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), and Prize Provider(s) accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station and on the Station’s Website. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
15. “Academy Awards,” “Oscars” and the Oscar statuette design are registered trademarks, and the Oscar statuette is a copyrighted property, of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences (A.M.P.A.S.), and are used under permission. This Contest is not sponsored or administered by A.M.P.A.S.