Woman rescued, 2 others injured in house fire in Southeast DC, fire officials say
WASHINGTON (ABC7) —
A woman was rescued during a large fire early Monday morning in Southeast Washington.
Fire officials say the woman sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to an area hospital. Two other residents in the home also suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were transported to the hospital.
DC Fire and EMS report the fire was the result of an overloaded electrical circuit, including use of a heater with an extension cord and "pigtail."
The blaze occurred in the 3400 block of Brothers Place, SE.