Woman rescued, 2 others injured in house fire in Southeast DC, fire officials say

Firefighters respond to a house fire in Southeast DC, Monday, Jan. 21, 2019. (DC Fire and EMS/Twitter)

A woman was rescued during a large fire early Monday morning in Southeast Washington.

Fire officials say the woman sustained non-life-threatening injuries and was taken to an area hospital. Two other residents in the home also suffered non-life-threatening injuries and were transported to the hospital.

DC Fire and EMS report the fire was the result of an overloaded electrical circuit, including use of a heater with an extension cord and "pigtail."

The blaze occurred in the 3400 block of Brothers Place, SE.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off