Latest Vegas odds: Virginia is the most likely spot for Amazon's HQ2
WASHINGTON (ABC7) —
Per the latest odds from Vegas, Northern Virginia is the most likely spot for Amazon's second headquarters.
Washington, D.C. and Montgomery County, Maryland are the second most-likely and seventh most-likely, according to the online gambling site Bovada.
Amazon announced their plans for "HQ2" on Sept. 7, 2017. Since then, the list of locations in the running has been narrowed down to 20. More than 230 cities nationwide applied to be considered.
The company has said it will invest $5 billion in construction and supply 50,000 new jobs in the area of its second HQ.
Here's the full list of odds from Bovada:
- Northern Virginia, Virginia +240
- Washington, D.C. +350
- Austin, Texas +400
- Boston, Massachusetts +450
- Toronto, Ontario +500
- Atlanta, Georgia +900
- Montgomery County, Maryland +1200
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania +2000
- Raleigh, North Carolina +2500
- Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania +3000
- Chicago, Illinois +4000
- Nashville, Tennessee +4000
- New York City, New York +4500
- Denver, Colorado +5000
- Dallas, Texas +5000
- Indianapolis, Indiana +5000
- Columbus, Ohio +5000
- Newark, New Jersey +5000
- Los Angeles, California +6000
- Miami, Florida +7500