Multiple children at Md. middle school become ill after eating food containing THC


LEXINGTON, Md. (WJLA) - Multiple children at a Maryland middle school became sick after eating food containing THC/CBG on Jan. 2 in Lexington, Maryland. Officials say THC/CBG comes from marijuana plants.

Investigators say the children were treated at MedStar St. Mary's Hospital and were later released to their guardians.

Spring Ridge Middle School officials contacted authorities when a child was not feeling well and other children were ill after ingesting the food.

St. Mary's County sheriff's officials say the child shared the food with four friends.

Authorities are currently investigating the incident.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off