ARLINGTON, Va. (ABC7) — Two people have been injured after they were electrocuted while working at a construction site Monday morning in Arlington.
Arlington Fire officials say both workers were taken to local hospitals. One person has possible life-threatening injuries and is in critical condition. The other victim sustained serious injuries but is in stable condition.
Both workers were shocked while putting up a 35-foot metal gutter. The gutter made contact with overhead power lines which are 32 feet from the building to the wires, according to Dominion Energy Virginia.
The incident took place at 1000 N. Kennebec Street. An investigation into the incident is underway.
This is a developing story that will be updated