WASHINGTON (ABC7) — As much as we love the Oscars, from the red carpet glam, pre-show interviews, to the three and a half hour ceremony --it can be quite a long night. Sedrick Crawley, better known as Chef Sed, helped fuel us up with award-worthy recipes inspired by the year’s Best Picture nominees.
Perfect Fried Chicken
- 1 Pound Chicken meat( your choice dark or white or boneless)
- 1 cup of corn starch
- 1 container “one shot deal”
- 2 cups peanut oil
- Wash chicken in bowl in salted water.
- Drain water and add 1 shot deal container to raw chicken, mix very well
- Add 1/2 cup of corn starch, toss and coat chicken, and remaining corn starch making sure all chicken is covered.
- Remove from bowl and place on sheet rack to air dry for about a half an hour.
- Turn on Fry pot and heat oil to 325 degrees. You want the chicken to cook, not burn. Fry until done. Serve Hot
Tandoori Braised Cauliflower
- 2 small heads of cauliflower
- 2 teaspoons of tandoori spice blend (chefsed’s one shot deal)
- 1/2 cup chopped green beans
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flake
- Minced garlic
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- Cumin seeds
- Begin to warm Vegetable Stock
- Cut Cauliflower from stalk and cut into small knots
- Mix with chopped green beans, garlic & all spices.
- Place mixed ingredients into braising pot and add warm stock
- Cover the braising pot on plastic, then cover in aluminum foil.
- Place into oven at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- 4-6 Diver Scallops
- 2 oz crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup spinach 1/2 tablespoon parmesan crumbs
- 1 teaspoon garlic, red pepper flake
- 2 oz heavy cream
- 1.5 ounces pasta of choice
- Using a non stick pan, season and sear scallops on both sides until golden brown Reserve for later use.
- You can keep warm in a low oven at 200 degrees.
- In the same pan you seared the scallops in, saute the spinach and garlic with crushed tomatoes, saute until fragrant.
- Add pasta and mix well, then add the heavy cream and simmer until reduced. Remove from pan onto plate, add scallops and parmesan crumbs(optional)