D.C. Forecast: Showers today, splendid finish to the weekend

This Afternoon:Mostly Cloudy, Scattered Showers/T'Storms{ }Highs: 81-86 Rain: 40% Chance Tonight:Chance of Showers & T'Storms Lows: 63-68 Rain: 60% Chance Sunday:Mostly Sunny & Pleasant, Less Humid Highs: 80-84 Wind: NW 10-15

Our surprising summer continues with relatively mild days and more rain than we're used to seeing.{ } Yesterday's 88 degree high at Reagan National marked the 12th day in a row that the mercury didn't hit 90!{ } July's final reckoning showed a slightly warmer than normal month - 1.4 degrees above average - and a wetter month by almost an inch of rain. (4.43 inches). Today will not alter that pattern with highs aiming for the low to mid 80s and scattered showers and thunderstorms throughout the day.

As high pressure moves off the Atlantic coast, a southerly flow with give us slightly more humid air today.{ } Showers associated with a cold front, currently to our north and west, will lead to an unsettled afternoon with the potential for late day storms. The cold front is expected to pass through late tonight and then usher in drier and sunnier conditions for Sunday.{ } Northwesterly winds tomorrow will make for a pleasant day and indeed a very comfortable first few days next week.{ } It will be absolution from August's normal sizzle{ }as sunny skies and daytime highs near 80 are likely through Tuesday!{ } Enjoy your weekend.

NOTE: The National Hurricane Center has just identified a low pressure center off{ }Florida's east coast as{ }Tropical{ }Depression Dorian.{ } Current winds are 35 mph.{ } Dorian is expected to head northeast and out to sea and should pose no hazards for East Coast beachgoers.