NOTICE: This contest is not an audition for the American Idol Program itself. Eligible applicants can also learn how to audition for the American Idol Program by visiting www.americanidol.com.
Contest: Good Morning Washington / American Idol Front of the Line Contest
Station: Sinclair Television Stations, LLC dba WJLA
Station Address: WJLA, 1100 Wilson Boulevard, 6th Floor, Arlington, VA 22209
Contest Area: Maryland Counties: Allegany, Calvert, Charles, Frederick, Montgomery, Prince Georges, St. Mary's, and Washington; Virginia Counties/Cities: Clarke, Culpeper, Fairfax County, Fauquier, Frederick, King George, Alexandria City, Arlington County, Falls Church City, Loudoun County, Page, Prince William County, Rappahannock, Shenandoah, Spotsylvania, Stafford, Warren and Westmoreland County; West Virginia Counties: Berkeley, Grant, Hampshire, Hardy, Jefferson, Mineral, Morgan; and Fulton County, and the District of Columbia.
Age of Eligibility: Eighteen (18) to Twenty-Eight (28) years of age as of June 11, 2017.
Prize Provider(s): WJLA
Program: American Idol
Idol Program Entities: NEG Operations Inc., 19 Entertainment Limited, 19 Entertainment, Inc., 19 Touring LLC, 19 Recordings Limited, 19 TV Limited, American Idol Productions, Inc., American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., FremantleMedia North America, Inc., and Telescope Inc. and each of their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, and the officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, licensees and assignees.
Contest Period: August 3, 2017 to August 25, 2017
Entries Due: 12:00 AM EDT on August 22, 2017
Entry is limited to one (1) entry per contestant.
Video Topic: Sing the ABC7 Good Morning Washington theme song either acapella or with music. Lyrics and music can be found at http://wjla.com/sing.
Judging Criteria: Voice and singing technique (30%), overall performance (30%), artist appeal, (20%) and uniqueness (20%).
Winner Selection Date(s): August 25, 2017
Number of Winners on each Winner Selection Date(s): Up to five (5).
Total Number of Winners for the Contest Period: Up to five (5).
Prize(s) and Value(s): One (1) Front of the Line pass for the American Idol Auditions, held on September 5, 2017 in Annapolis, Maryland. The prize is subject to the American Idol Audition Terms and Conditions, which are available for review at www.americanidol.com, and requires the completion of documents as required by the Idol Program Entities or any other entity which provides services to the Program. Due to the nature of the prize, a value cannot be determined. In the event production of American Idol is cancelled or postponed, the prizing may be cancelled without substitution or compensation therefor.
Station’s Burst Submission Page: http://www.burst.com/wjla
Station’s Website: http://wjla.com/sing
Station’s Website Terms and Conditions: http://wjla.com/station/terms
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. This contest is subject to all applicable laws and regulations and is void where prohibited.
All capitalized terms shall have the meanings set forth above.
Who Can Enter
1. To be eligible to participate in the Contest, individual entrants must be legal U.S. residents who are at least the Age of Eligibility, and reside in the Contest Area. Group entries are not permitted.
2. Employees of Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc., Sinclair Television Group, Inc., and the Station (collectively, the “Company”), Sponsors, Prize Providers, Idol Program Entities, contest software providers, social media platforms, their affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, any and all local television broadcast and cable stations, local radio and other media companies, and the immediate family members of each are ineligible. The term “immediate family” includes spouses, domestic partners, grandparents, parents, siblings, children, grandchildren, and any other relatives who reside in the same household with employee.
3. Members of SAG/AFTRA and candidates for public office are not eligible to participate.
4. Participants must be able to demonstrate to the satisfaction of any of the Idol Program Entities that he/she does not have any contractual arrangement that would prohibit him/her from fully participating in the Program and/or entering into any contracts as may be required by any of the Idol Program Entities, including, but not limited to, an exclusive recording contract, merchandising contract, a live and/or global touring agreement and an exclusive management contract.
How to Enter and Win
1. To enter, log onto the Station’s Website to be redirected to the Station’s Burst Submission Page to complete an online entry form with your name, address, telephone number, birthdate, email address, upload a video of yourself singing the Video Topic, and click “Submit.” Entries must be of the individual entrant only. No group entries will be accepted. No mechanically reproduced or completed entries will be accepted.
2. Each entry will be judged and scored by a panel of judges comprised of Station personnel based on the Judging Criteria:
3. The Number of Winners on each Winner Selection Date(s) will be determined by the judges based on the Judging Criteria. The decisions of the judges shall be final.
4, A condition of winning, each winner shall appear on the Station’s morning news program at a date and time determined by the Station to perform the ABC7 Good Morning Washington theme song.
Contest Terms and Conditions
1. Station is not responsible for lost, late, garbled, or misdirected entries, printing errors, server unavailability, computer or any other electronic malfunction. All entries, including any required submission, received that are duplicate, mutilated, tampered with, incorrect, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. All entries, including any required submission, become the property of the Company and will not be acknowledged or returned.
2. Station cannot be held liable for any lost or stolen entries, prizes or contest information. Station is not responsible for any technological malfunction, or human error relating to the Contest.
3. By entering, entrants represent and warrant (i) that he/she appears in and owns the video submitted, (ii) the video does not violate the rights of any third parties, (iii) the video complies with all of requirements of the Video Topic, (iv) the video has not been altered or enhanced with any software (excluding redeye), and (v) he/she agrees to the terms and conditions located at the Station’s Burst Page and the Station’s Website Terms and Conditions. No lewd, nude, crude, or offensive video (as determined by the Station in its sole and absolute discretion) will be accepted.
4. Prizes are provided “as is” without any express or implied warranty of any kind including warranties of merchantability, non-infringement or intellectual property, or fitness for any particular purpose. Prizes are subject to the Sponsor(s) and/or Prize Provider(s) standard terms and conditions, and expiration dates. For any ticket related prizes, Station, Sponsor(s) and Prize Provider(s) are not responsible if any event or performance is cancelled or postponed.
5. Each winner will be notified by email or phone. Before claiming any prize, each winner must provide his/her correct name, address and telephone number to Station at the time of notification. Each winner must sign and return a release and affidavit of eligibility, which must be received within three (3) days of notification (or less due to prize use time constraints), at the time winner claims his/her prize in person at the Station. Each winner must show picture identification to claim his/her prize. Station reserves the right to examine additional identification and may choose to accept or deny awarding any prize based on the identification presented.
6. If a winner cannot be notified within two (2) days, or does not timely sign and return the release and affidavit of eligibility, then the winner will be disqualified, the prize will be forfeited, and time permitting, the prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, which shall be determined in the same manner as the disqualified winner. If time does not permit for an alternate winner to be selected, then the prize will be forfeited, and the prize will remain the property of the Station.
7. There will be no substitutions or cash alternatives for any prize except at the sole discretion of Station. The Station has the right to substitute a prize of similar value. No sale, transfer or assignment of any prize is allowed.
8. Each winner is responsible for paying all local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes based on the estimated retail value of the prizes as set forth in these rules. Each winner must sign a W-9 form.
9. Only one prize will be awarded per household if more than one prize is awarded. Entrants are eligible to win only one prize within any 90-day period, regardless of the number of contests entered.
10. The Company is not liable if the provider of any part of a prize fails to satisfy its obligations to furnish its portion of the prize.
11. The Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), and Idol Program Entities accept no responsibility or liability in connection with any injuries, losses or damages of any kind directly or indirectly caused by or resulting from the acceptance, possession or use of any prize awarded in the Contest. By entering, entrants agree to release the Company, Sponsor(s), Prize Provider(s), contest software providers, social media platforms, and each of their respective parent, affiliates, officers, directors, employees and agents, from any and all claims, loss, damage or injury as a result of or incident to his/her participation in the Contest or his/her use of the prize. Entrants further acknowledge and agree that if a winner, the Company has the right to publicize entrant’s name, character, likeness, photograph, voice and the fact that entrant is a winner of the Contest for promotional purposes, without financial remuneration.
12. Complete Official Rules for the Contest are available Monday through Friday during normal business hours at the Station, on the Station’s Website, and the Station’s Burst Submission Page. For a list of prize winners, send a separate, self-addressed, stamped envelope to the Station at the Station Address within thirty (30) days of the last day of the Contest Period.
13. The Station has the right to disqualify any entrant it determines has not complied with the Contest Rules. All decisions by the Station shall be final and binding relating to this contest, including the interpretation of the Contest Rules. Station reserves the right to make rules and contest changes and change the contest dates. Station reserves the right to cancel/terminate, modify or suspend the Contest if in Station’s sole determination it believes that the integrity of the Contest has been, or could be, compromised or that the Contest is not capable of running as planned or fairly, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or force majeure or any other causes beyond the Station’s control.
14. The Idol Program Entities have the sole discretion to make determinations of Program contestant eligibility, which are binding and final in all respects, and Idol Program Entities reserve the right to change any of the Program eligibility requirements at any time.