Redskins vs. Bears: Game updates

Washington Redskins outside linebacker Brian Orakpo (98) runs down the sidelines for a touchdown after scooping up a pass intended for Chicago Bears wide receiver Alshon Jeffery, background, during the first half in Landover, Md., Sunday. (AP Photo/Alex Brandon)

WASHINGTON (WJLA/AP) - Roy Helu scored his third touchdown of the game with 45 seconds to play Sunday, a 3-yard run that gave the Washington Redskins a 45-41 win over the Chicago Bears.

Helu had scoring runs of 14, 3 and 3 yards, and rookie tight end Jordan Reed caught nine passes for 134 yards and one touchdown for the Redskins (2-4).

Josh McCown, entering the game in the second quarter after Jay Cutler left with a groin injury, completed 14 of 20 passes for 204 yards with one touchdown. Matt Forte rushed for three touchdowns for the Bears (4-3).

Robert Griffin III was 18 for 29 for 298 yards with two touchdowns and one interception for the Redskins. He also ran 11 times for a season-high 84 yards.The Redskins beat the Bears 45-41 with a last-minute touchdown.

Bears Quarterback Jay Cutler left the game after being sacked in the second quarter. He will not return to the game, the Bears say.

After staying down on the ground for a few minutes Sunday when tackled by 333-pound nose tackle Chris Baker, Cutler limped off toward the locker room.

Chicago's backup quarterback, Josh McCown, replaced Cutler. It's McCown's first appearance in an NFL game since 2011.

The Redskins quickly scored a 38-yard field goal, bringing the score to 3-0.

The Bears later tied the game 3-3 after a 47-yard field goal.

With 6:51 left in the first quarter, the Bears intercepted the ball in the red zone and quickly scored, bringing the game to 3-10.

Quick into the second quarter, the Redskins' Roy Helu Jr. scored the team's first touchdown of the game, bringing the score to 10-10. Seconds later, Brian Orakpo scored his first career interception for a touchdown, bringing the Redskins ahead 17-10. The team scored 14 points in just 17 seconds!

In the second quarter, the Bears' Devin Hester scored an 81-yard touchdown, bringing the score 17-17.

With less than 30 seconds in the second half, Jordan Reed scored a touchdown, pulling the Redskins ahead 24-17.

Coach Mike Shanahan and several players say they're satisfied with the week of preparations that the Redskins' special team units had on the practice field. They believe the club's problems in that area have been addressed.

Last week, the Redskins surrendered a touchdown on an 86-yard punt return and yielding a 90-yard kickoff return that led to another touchdown during Sunday night's defeat in Dallas.

The Redskins haven't started 0-3 at home since 1998, according to ESPN.