Re-accommodations. Travel bans. Security concerns. Security lines. Whether you’re traveling for business or pleasure, traveling today means facing a lot of uncertainties. Come to the “Traveling in These Times” forum on May 1st at the National Press Club to find answers to your questions and hear from some of the travel industry’s leading experts.
The roundtable discussion hosted by Meet Puerto Rico will begin at 8:30 a.m. and will run until 11 a.m. Panelists will explore travel trends, safety and security concerns, disruption threats, business travel destinations, tips for those traveling with family and other topics of interest. Featured experts include:
- Peter Greenberg, CBS Travel Editor and multiple Emmy-winning investigative reporter
- Don Welsh, President, Destination Marketing Association International (DMAI) and seasoned tourism executive with more than 35 years in the industry
- John Graham, President, American Society of Association Executives (ASAE), who leads membership organization of more than 30,000 association executives in the U.S. and in nearly 50 countries
- Tammy Blount, FCDME, President and CEO, Monterey County Convention and Visitors Bureau and the Incoming Chairwoman of DMAI for 2017-18
- Milton Segarra, CDME, President and CEO, Meet Puerto Rico, a forward-thinking leader with extensive business insight and experience in Puerto Rico's tourism, meetings and conventions market
NPR newscaster and award-winning journalist Jack Speer will moderate the forum. Speer has covered the country’s top business and economic news for over 20 years and brings a unique perspective to the discussion.
Whether you have specific curiosities related to recent events or just want to stay on top of the latest news, you shouldn’t miss this opportunity to hear inside perspectives from some of the top players in the travel industry.
When: May 1, 8:30 a.m. to 11 a.m.
Where: National Press Club, First Amendment Room
529 14th Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20004
For information, call (310)-634-1733. RSVP to email@example.com