79
      Friday
      88 / 70
      Saturday
      81 / 67
      Sunday
      84 / 70

      Woman falls asleep smoking in bed, burned in fire

      DEALE, Md. (AP) Anne Arundel County fire officials say a woman and her husband have been injured in a fire after she fell asleep while smoking and using oxygen.

      A fire department spokesman, Capt. James Rostek, says the incident happened about 5:30 a.m. Thursday in the 5000 block of Deale Churchton Road. He says the woman suffered life-threatening burns and was flown to the burn unit at the Washington Hospital Center.

      Rostek says the woman's husband suffered minor burns and was being treated at Anne Arundel Medical Center.

      He says the fire was confined to the bed.

      ___

      Information from: The Baltimore Sun, http://www.baltimoresun.com