One lucky neighborhood in D.C. has made the list of the top hipster neighborhoods in the country.
According to the rankings compiled by Forbes and Nextdoor.com, the honor has gone to the H Street corridor. The two news organizations dug through data on over 250 neighborhoods in the biggest U.S. cities to come up with the top 10 list.
To create the list, several factors were considered:
• An area's walkability, according to Walkscore.com
• Neighborhood coffee shops per capita
• Local food truck choices, and their Zagat rankings
• Number and frequency of farmers markets
• Number of locally owned bars and restaurants
• Percentage of residents who work in artistic occupations
The top 10 list:
1. Silver Lake, Los Angeles, Calif.
2. Mission district, San Francisco, Calif.
3. Williamsburg, Brooklyn, N.Y.
4. Wicker Park, Chicago, Ill.
5. Pearl District, Portland, Ore.
6. H Street corridor, Washington, D.C.
7. East Austin, Austin, Texas
8. Capitol Hill, Seattle, Wash.
9. The Uptown, Oakland, Calif.
10. Warehouse District, New Orleans, La.