Street Closures for Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run
(Washington, D.C.) The U.S. Park Police have provided the following information regarding road closures for the Cherry Blossom 10 Mile Run on Sunday, April 1, 2012.
Street Closures - 2 am to 11:30 am
15th Street, NW between Independence and Constitution Avenues
Street Closures - 5 am to 10:30 am
· Independence Avenue, SW between 14th Street and 23rd Street
· Ohio Drive, from 23rd Street to Virginia Ave (Rock Creek Parkway Section)
· Ohio Drive, Riverside and Channel Side (East and West Potomac Parks)
· Memorial Bridge to include Arlington Memorial Circle and Lincoln Memorial Circle
· 23rd Street, NW from Constitution Avenue to Lincoln Memorial Circle
· 17th Street, NW from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue
· Raoul Wallenburg Place (15th Street, SW) from Maine Avenue to Independence Avenue
· Daniel French Drive, SW
· Henry Bacon Drive, NW
· Parkway Drive, NW
· Maine Avenue, SW, from 12th Street to 15th Street (All eastbound Traffic will be diverted onto 395 S)
Constitution Avenue will remain open. The George Washington Memorial Parkway will remain open except Memorial Circle and exits leading up to. If coming from Virginia use the Roosevelt Bridge to access Constitution Avenue. If you're coming inbound over the Frederick Douglass Bridge all exits will remain open except Maine Avenue. All traffic at that location will be diverted to southbound 395.
Golf Course traffic entering from the 395 south ramp and 395 north Park Police Exit must make a left turn only on Buckeye and right turn only on Ohio Drive Channel side to D1 and Golf Course. The Point will be closed to traffic during the race. There will be two-way traffic on Ohio Drive Channel Side (east side / golf course side only). All traffic must exit East Potomac Park via 395 North.
For more information about the run please visit www.cherryblossom.org. A course map is available online at www.cherryblossom.org/generalinfo/racedaymaps.php.