Powerball jackpot: $360 million and climbing
The Powerball jackpot is climbing again, and fast. In just a few short weeks, the jackpot has ballooned to $360 million, making it the third largest Powerball jackpot and the seventh largest jackpot ever.
And that number could go up again before the drawing.
They say winning is about luck. So we're helping you out by telling you about some spots that are known to have big winners.
You might get a little extra luck if you go to the Handy Dandy Market in Woodbridge.
"Somebody's going to hit it. It may as well be here," says Joe Roadcap, the store owner.
Last Saturday, the popular corner store sold a half-million-dollar Scratch Off.
The owner says his store is number two when it comes to selling the most lottery tickets in Virginia.
A 7-11 store in Arlington sold a million-dollar ticket a couple of months ago. The store has a new owner, who is hoping to cash in on another winning ticket.
At that store, Daniel Cline bought a tickets. And he has a clear plan on what will happen if he wins.
"No one knows how to drive," Cline says. "Nobody knows how to act. DC, Maryland, Virginia, get me out of here. Going to Alaska...never coming back. That's my dream."
With a little luck on your side, all you need is the right ticket with the right number combination.
And if you win and take the cash, you'll be taking home $230 million.
Here's a look at the top 10 world record lottery jackpots.
1. $656.0 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (3 tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
2. $587.5 million, Powerball, Nov. 28, 2012 (2 tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
3. $390.0 million, Mega Millions, March 6, 2007 (2 tickets from Georgia and New Jersey)
4. $380.0 million, Mega Millions, Jan. 4, 2011 (2 tickets from Idaho and Washington)
5. $365.0 million, Powerball, Feb. 18, 2006 (1 ticket from Nebraska)
6. $363.0 million, The Big Game, May 9, 2000 (2 tickets from Illinois and Michigan)
7. Estimated $360 million, Powerball, (drawing scheduled for Wednesday, May 15; jackpot could grow)
8. $340.0 million, Powerball, Oct. 19, 2005 (1 ticket from Oregon)
9. $338.3 million, Powerball, March 23, 2013 (1 ticket from New Jersey)
10. $337.0 million, Powerball, Aug. 15, 2012 (1 ticket from Michigan)
The Associated Press contributed to this story.