84
      Saturday
      83 / 67
      Sunday
      84 / 70
      Monday
      89 / 73

      Three hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak in NW

      Carbon Monoxide leak in NW leaves 3 hospitalized

      A gas kitchen applicance is being blamed for a carbon monoxide leak in Northwest Thursday morning that sent three people to the hospital.

      Officials responded to a home in the 1700 block of P Street shortly before 6 a.m.

      Of the eight people that live at the residence, three complained of light-headedness and were taken to George Washington Hospital. The other five residents were evaluated at the scene and deemed OK. Officials say all involved were conscious and talking.

      Hazmat crews reportedly found low levels of carbon monoxide in the home.

      As a precaution, two neighboring homes were evacuated.

      A section of P Street is shut down, D.C. police reports. Motorists are urged to use alternate routes.

      If you live in D.C. and don't have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, representatives from the D.C. fire department will come install one free of charge.