MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

One injured in kitchen fire in Woodbrige

One person was injured in a kitchen fire on Lindendale Road in Woodbrige Sunday.

Firefighters arrived at the home in the 13800 block of Lindendale Road at about 3 p.m. The occupants told them the fire had started in the kitchen and a neighbor was able to put it out with a fire extinguisher. Two adults and two children were home when the fire occurred. All occupants were safe outside, but one was taken to a hospital for treatment.

The fire was accidentally caused by unattended cooking. According to the Fire Marshal’s Office, the property damage was about $7,000.

The Prince William County fire department reminded residents not to leave the kitchen while cooking and to follow other safety procedures.

Trending