MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

Officials: Several rescued after laptop overheats, catches Maryland apartments on fire

2.PNG

Twenty-four people were displaced, including several rescued and one injured, after a laptop overheated and caught a bed on fire at an apartment building Friday night.

Montgomery County fire officials said the two-alarm fire happened around midnight at 537 Thayer Avenue in Silver Spring.

Officials said the injured person sustained smoke inhalation, and that it was not life threatening.

Overall, eight families were displaced by the fire and damage was estimated at $550,000, according to officials.

The origin of the fire happened in a second floor bedroom.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending