(WJLA) - A mother and her one-year-old infant are being treated after the family escaped from their burning Seat Pleasant home on Tuesday afternoon.
Paramedics happened to be just down the street at a stoplight, when they saw the smoke and came rushing up the hill to the house to check on it.
This two-story house on 63rd Street was burning with five people inside, and the mother and her baby were stuck upstairs as the front door remained blocked by flames.
However, she managed to break a window and jump to the backyard, and now has burns on her face and hands. She is at the hospital with her one-year-old boy, who is believed to be okay.
Three other teenagers were inside the home, and were not taken the hospital.
According to firefighters, a candle might be to blame for this fire.