MENU
component-ddb-728x90-v1-01-desktop

A Montgomery County neighborhood is on alert after the accidental spreading of rat poison

ABC7

A man trying to keep pests away from his yard has turned into a hazard for the rest of his Montgomery County neighborhood.

It all started when a resident in the Kentlands neighborhood in Gaithersburg saw what he thought were rats and put out rat poison. The pellets then were carried around the area, possibly by other animals and/or rain.

The signs are now everywhere in the neighborhood, warning of rat poison.

Carlos Acosta says everybody is worried that their children and pets will eat them.

Dead squirrels who were eating the pellets, for instance, have been found dead in the neighborhood.

The person who bought the poison isn’t being identified. Apparently, he meant no harm, according to ABC7’s Brad Bell.

close video ad
Unmutetoggle ad audio on off

Trending