March for Life: Road closures around D.C. due to Friday March
On the same week as the 40th anniversary of the landmark Roe vs. Wade ruling, March for Life, the annual pro-life rally, is taking place Friday on the National Mall.
The March for Life is meeting on the National Mall between 7th & 9th Streets and the rally will begin at 12:00pm and continue until about 1:30pm, followed immediately by the March that will travel up Constitution Avenue to the Supreme Court on First Street NE.
The March will lead to several road closures.
On Friday, Jan. 25, the following streets will be closed from 9:30 a.m. to 6 pm. (Denoted by red lines):
• Maryland Ave NE from Constitution Avenue to 1st Street NE
• 1st Street NE from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue SE
• 3rd Street NW from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue NW
• 4th Street NW from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue NW
• 7th Street NW from Constitution Avenue to Independence Avenue NW
The following street will be closed from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. (Denoted by blue lines):
• F Street NW from 7th West to 12th Street, then south to Constitution Avenue NW
The following streets will be closed from 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.:
• Constitution Ave NW from 3rd Street to 9th Street NW
• Constitution Ave from 3rd Street to 1st Street NE
• 3rd Street NW from C Street to Constitution Avenue NW
• 6th street NW from Pennsylvania Avenue to Constitution Avenue NW
• 6th Street and Pennsylvania Avenue NW, no traffic east on Pennsylvania Avenue
• 7th Street NW from Pennsylvania Avenue to Constitution Avenue NW