Lanham house fire causes $25K in damage

Fire officials say a ceiling light fixture started a fire in a Lanham home Friday evening.

Crews were called to the 6200 block of 87th Avenue around 5 p.m. When firefighters arrived, they saw heavy smoke coming from the two-story home. Fire officials say the fire spread to the attic and soon could be seen coming out of the roof.

It took 20 minutes to extinguish the flames.

No one was injured in the fire, but two adults were displaced. The fire caused $25,000 in damage, officials add.