82
      Sunday
      85 / 68
      Monday
      90 / 69
      Tuesday
      93 / 70

      Langley Park Shopping Center fire

      The fire was likely caused by a lightning strike, officials say. Photo: Mark Brady

      An electrical malfunction likely was behind a fire that caused major damage to a Hyattsville shopping center late Thursday night.

      The fire at the Langley Park Shopping Center on New Hampshire Avenue was extinguished just before 11:45 p.m. Prince George's County Fire spokesman Mark Brady says the blaze caused about $1 million in damage

      One firefighter was treated at a nearby hospital for a hand injury.

      Officials originally believed the fire may have been sparked by a lightning strike.

      {}