High levels of carbon monoxide found in Southeast D.C. building
One person is in critical condition after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in a Southeast D.C. apartment building, fire officials say.
D.C. Fire & EMS officials say they responded to an apartment building at 1732 S St. SE just before 8:30 a.m. Friday to find high carbon monoxide readings in an apartment. The entire building has been evacuated.
A resident was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Three other people, including two children, were also sickened. Their conditions are unknown.
Authorities are currently shutting off gas to the building and ventilating it.