73
      Thursday
      82 / 69
      Friday
      83 / 67
      Saturday
      85 / 69

      High levels of carbon monoxide found in Southeast D.C. building

      One person is in critical condition after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected in a Southeast D.C. apartment building, fire officials say.

      D.C. Fire & EMS officials say they responded to an apartment building at 1732 S St. SE just before 8:30 a.m. Friday to find high carbon monoxide readings in an apartment. The entire building has been evacuated.

      A resident was taken to an area hospital with life-threatening injuries. Three other people, including two children, were also sickened. Their conditions are unknown.

      Authorities are currently shutting off gas to the building and ventilating it.