Group of men suspected in D.C. robberies, rapes

D.C. police are searching for a group of men wanted in connection with a series of violent crimes all committed in one night.

The group is suspected in crimes ranging from robbery to rape.

Police say the men pulled up to their first victim in a red car as she walked to the Capitol Heights Metro station. She says the men demanded a sex act. When the 23-year-old explained she was transgendered, police say, the men tried to rob her.

That was just before midnight Nov. 9. The group's violence only escalated. By 4 a.m. Saturday, the group is believe to have committed robbery, double rape and attempted kidnapping. The targets - women.

The crimes all happened within blocks of one another.

After the first robbery, police say the suspects robbed a 27-year-old woman near 44th Street. After she gave the men money, one of the suspects reportedly asked, "What else?" She said nothing, ran and hid in a ditch, a police report states.

Just before 1 a.m. Nov. 10 , two women, ages 33 and 30, were walking down 48th Street NE when two vehicles pulled up beside them. One of the suspects grabbed one of the women and said, "[Expletive] you going with me! Gimme your coat, or I'll [expletive] you up!" She was taken inside the car and raped. Investigators say another suspect grabbed the second victim and said, "You are going to have sex with me, or I'll kill you." Police say she was also raped.

Both women were then robbed of their phones and coats.

While no description of the second vehicle is available, police say four black men were in each car.

At 4 a.m. the same morning, the same group of men tried to kidnap a teen on 44th Street. Police say the 17-year-old was walking with a friend when a suspect in the red car said, "Get in the car, or I'm going to shoot you."

The girl ran, but the men followed her in the car. Investigators say her friend jumped out and motioned like she had a gun, and the suspects took off.

Investigators don't have much of a description to go on in the cases, but anyone with information is asked to call police.