89
      Tuesday
      92 / 75
      Wednesday
      90 / 75
      Thursday
      85 / 72

      Gas leaks causes evacuations in Fulton

      A gas leak forced the evacuation of some residents and their pets in Fulton today. No one was injured. (Photo: Jackie Cutler)

      A gas line was struck today near some luxury town homes in Fulton, causing at least six residents to evacuate, officials said.

      About 9 a.m., the Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services responded to the Maple Lawn Luxury Townhomes development in the 8900 block of Tawes Street for a gas leak.

      A contractor had struck a four inch gas line nearby.

      A mandatory evacuation was put in place for the block of homes in the immediate vicinity and more than six residents and five pets were evacuated.

      BG&E secured the gas line at 10 a.m. and everyone was able to return home. No one was injured.

      { }