Stafford County apartment fire injures one, displaces residents of three apartments

One person was burned and several people have been displaced after a fire at a Garrisonville apartment building early Sunday morning.

The fire broke out just before 5 a.m., Stafford County Fire & Rescue says, in a 2nd-floor garden apartment at 1401 Providence Street.

Officials say the fire was contained to the bedroom of the apartment which firefighters responded to, but the sprinklers were activated, causing water damage to the bedroom and two apartments below it.

Residents from the three apartments have been displaced. The occupant of the bedroom was taken to an area hospital by a relative before firefighters arrived. The victim sustained burns to his feed and hands.

The Fire Marshal says the fire was accidental and valued the damage at about $100,000.