Several roads in the District and Prince George's County have been closed due to high standing water.
The National Weather Service is reporting that at least a portion of the Capital Beltway near the US-50 interchange in Prince George's County is flooded.
Affected roadways in D.C. include the 9th Street Tunnel ramp to 6th Street NW, the HOV lane on the inbound 14th Street Bridge and the intersection of 9th Street and Constitution Avenue NW.
DDOT is also saying that the southbound 9th Street Tunnel is closed at Independence Avenue SE due to flooding.
The Prince George’s County Department of Public Works & Transportation is reporting the following County roads closed currently. This list does not include roadways where high water warning signs have been placed.
· Sunnyside Avenue @ Edmonston Road, Beltsville
· 6700 Glenn Dale Road, Glenn Dale
· Old Baltimore Avenue @ Edmonston Road, Beltsville
· Sweitzer Lane @ Van Dusen Road, Laurel
· Croom Station Road @ the bridges in from both directions, Upper Marlboro
· Governor Bridge Road, Bowie
· Brock Bridge Road, Laurel
· Contee Road @ Mayfair Drive, Laurel
· Van Dusen Road @ Old Gunpowder Road, Laurel
· Sweitzer Lane @ Van Dusen, Laurel
· South Springfield Road @ Accokeek Road, Clinton
· 11700 block of Brandywine Road, Brandywine.
The State Highway Administration is reporting the following high water:
· Water Street, Upper Marlboro
· Indian Head Highway (210)Service Road