77
      Thursday
      93 / 73
      Friday
      91 / 73
      Saturday
      92 / 74

      Carbon monoxide exposure injures children in Upper Marlboro

      Two children were taken to an area hospital Wednesday morning after they were exposed to carbon monoxide in their Upper Marlboro home, officials say.

      Prince George's County Police say that a generator was running in the basement of a home in the 12400 block of Van Brady Road in Upper Marlboro where the two children were found. They were airlifted to a hospital and treated in a hyperbaric chamber for their injuries.

      Police say that the children are doing "OK."

      Officials remind the public that despite the power being out to never run a generator inside or in a confined area.