Capitol Heights house set for volunteer renovation damaged in fire
CAPITOL HEIGHTS, Md. (AP) - The Prince George's County Fire/EMS Department says a Capitol Heights house scheduled to undergo a renovation as part of a volunteer project has been damaged in a fire.
The fire was reported about 2 p.m. Friday in the one-story single-family house. Firefighters found fire showing from the back of the house. A blaze in the bedroom was quickly put out. There were no injuries.
Damage was estimated at $50,000 and the two residents were displaced. Officials say the fire appears to be electrical.
A fire department spokesman says the house was set to be renovated Saturday by volunteers are part of the Christmas in April project. The spokesman says the project is part of an organization that repairs the homes of senior citizens who are low income or physically challenged.