83
      Monday
      89 / 72
      Tuesday
      93 / 73
      Wednesday
      94 / 74

      Capital Heights fire injures 2 firefighters

      Two firefighters were injured in a house fire in Capital Heights Monday evening.

      Firefighters were called to the 1500 block of Nova Avenue this evening just after 8 p.m. Smoke was coming from the basement of a two-story single-family home. Initially, there were reports of occupants trapped inside, but luckily it became clear all were able to escape.

      The fire was extinguished in 20 minutes, firefighters said. Two firefighters were transported to an area hospital with minor injuries.

      The fire was caused by an electrical malfunction. Damage is estimated at $100,00.00.