Backhoe causes gas leak in Clarksburg
CLARKSBURG, Md. (WJLA) -- A backhoe accidentally struck a gas line in Clarksburg Tuesday, causing a leak that crews scrambled to plug.
The incident happened about 11:15 a.m. in a residential area in the 23600 block of Overlook Park.
According to Montgomery County fire officials, crews were able to reduce the pressure and stop the leak within about an hour.
Authorities had initially feared it might take several hours to cap the leak, which would have resulted in evacuations throughout the neighborhood.