69
      Wednesday
      90 / 64
      Thursday
      85 / 67
      Friday
      82 / 67

      Baby dies after choking on screw in Centerville

      A 1-year-old baby died Wednesday after the infant choked on a screw.

      The incident occurred just before 1 p.m. in the 5100 block of Woodmere Drive in Centerville, Va. Residents of the apartment coplex on Woodmere Court said they heard screams.

      Emergency responders rushed the child to a nearby hospital where it was pronounced dead. The medical examiner will determine cause of death, but police have ruled it an accident.