78
      Friday
      92 / 72
      Saturday
      92 / 71
      Sunday
      91 / 71

      Annandale house fire deemed accidental

      A fire that badly damaged a home in Annandale and left a family of three displaced has been deemed accidental.

      Fire officials say an outside electrical panel caused the blaze.

      Fairfax County firefighters responded to the two-story home at 3901 Hummer Road around 3:20 p.m. Friday. Upon arrival, they found heavy smoke and fire coming from the right side of the residence. The fire, which quickly spread to the basement, attic, and roof, forced crews to withdraw from the inside and fight the blaze from outside. The fire was put out in{ }an hour.

      Two firefighters were taken to INOVA Fairfax Hospital with non-life threatening injuries, and later released.{ }

      Damage is estimated at $225,000.

      The Red Cross is assisting the family.