4 killed, 2 injured during violence in D.C., Pr.George's

Photo: WJLA

It was a violent and deadly end to Memorial Day weekend in D.C. and Prince George’s County.

Police say two men were found dead around 11:30 p.m. Monday near Denise Drive and Rolling Avenue in Capitol Heights. The victims, 28-year-old Anthony Stevens McKelvin and 24-year-old Sean O’Neil Ellis, were seated in the front and rear passenger seats of a silver Lexus LS430 with Maryland tags 1AE2075. Authorities say the car belongs to the mother of one of the victims.

According to law enforcement sources, Police believe Ellis, of District Heights, and McKelvin, of Suitland, were the victims of an abduction before they were shot and killed in their own car in the 1300 block of Rollins Avenue in Capitol Heights.

The sources said the two men had recently come into a sizable amount of cash. Somehow their killer or killers learned of the money and planned a robbery. The men were forced at gunpoint into the front and rear passenger seats of a Lexus belonging to the mother of one of the men.

At some point something went wrong and the victims were shot and killed.

When investigators arrived on scene they found the victims doused in bleach. Police also found a gasoline can on the scene and believe the killers were interrupted by responding officers before they could set the car on fire in an attempt to destroy evidence.

Sources say detectives have strong leads in the case.

In D.C., police say three young men were shot in less than an hour.

Two of them were shot near New Jersey Avenue and P Street, NW just after 10 p.m. last night. One of them died, the other is hospitalized. The victim who died was identified as 15-year-old Isaiah Harris of NW D.C.

A short time later, police say a teenager was shot on 14th Place in Southeast. He was also hospitalized.

Police are searching for suspects and motives in each incident.

Also, on Monday at about 3:55 a.m., MPD officers went to the 1400 block of Morse Street NE and found a man suffering from gunshot wounds. The man, 28-year-old Keith Leon Turner of Capitol Heights, Md., was taken to a local hospital but later died from his wounds.