ROCKVILLE, Md. (WJLA) – Two people were injured in an apartment fire in Rockville late Thursday.
Montgomery County Fire and Rescue Department responded to the blaze at a four-story apartment in the 5578 block Burnside Dr. around 11:51 p.m.
The fire had started to spread from the second floor to the third floor by the time firefighters arrived on scene.
At least two adults were transported to a local burn center for smoke inhalation.
Officials said at least nine people were displaced due to the fire. The Red Cross was assisting them.
The fire, which was caused by burning incense left unattended, was ruled accidental. The second and third floors of the building sustained significant damage. The total cost of the damages was estimated at $75,000.