82
      Wednesday
      94 / 75
      Thursday
      93 / 73
      Friday
      90 / 75

      $2.4M home damaged from fire in McLean

      A $2.4 million home was damaged in a fire late Saturday, but no one was injured, officials said.

      At 11:15 p.m., fire officials responded to a two-story house fire at 8315 Old Dominion Drive in McLean, according to the Fairfax Fire Deputy Chief.

      The fire began in a fireplace flute that was not properly ventilated. The fire spread from the fireplace to the walls and through the roof.

      The house sustained more than $50,000 in damages due to vaulted ceilings and a partial roof removal of the affected area, the chief said.

      Three children and two adults were displaced because it was determined to be unsafe to restore gas, but no injuries were reported.