71
      Monday
      91 / 74
      Tuesday
      93 / 74
      Wednesday
      94 / 77

      Neti pots linked to fatal brain-eating amoeba infections

      The popular device known as Neti pot, used to irrigate the sinuses, has been linked to two deaths in Louisiana due to an infection called meningities, officials said.

      TIME reports:

      According to Louisiana health regulators, two people died after using tap water that was affected with, Naegleria fowleri, the "brain-eating amoeba."

      A 53-year-old woman from De Soto Parish and a 20-year-old man from St. Bernard Parish both died after using contaminated water in their neti pots, a popular home remedy that looks like a genie's lamp and is used for flushing out mucus from the nose and sinuses.

      Read the original story here.

      {}