Weekend Planner: Seinfeld stand-up, Vintage Jazz & Wine Festival, county fairs galore
• Dig the reggae, mon. It’s the ongoing Washington Post Going Out Guide Concert Series. Reggae music galore. Carter Barron Amphitheatre, 7:30 p.m. 4850 Colorado Ave. NW. (Details: 202-426-0486).
• He’s a stand-up kind of guy, and Jerry Seinfeld stands up at the Kennedy Center. 7 p.m, with two shows the following night. (Details: kennedy-center.org).
• Get your funk on with Kenny "Babyface" Edmonds. Howard Theatre, 620 T Street NW, 6 p.m. (Details: thehowardtheatre.com).
• Water-park style fun for adults, including a variety of alcohol. Welcome to Splash Yards at The Yards, 2-6 p.m. Third and Water SE. (Details: theyardsdc.com).
• Jerry Seinfeld. Kennedy Center. 7 and 9:30 p.m. (Details: kennedy-center.org).
• Snap the fingers on one hand and hold a glass of wine with the other. It’s the New Vintage Jazz and Wine Festival. 2-10 p.m. Half Street Fairgrounds, 2-10 p.m. (Details: newvintagejazzfest.com)
• Head a couple of hours south down I-95 for the 31st annual Carytown Watermelon Festival in Richmond, an eclectic affair with a variety of food, various bands and, yes, watermelon. 10 a.m.-6 p.m. (Details: carytownrva.com/events/watermelon-festival.php).
The county fair season gets into full swing this weekend:
• Arlington County Fair.
• Montgomery County Fair.
• Prince William County Fair.