Here's a look at things going on in, around, and even beyond the D.C. area this weekend.
• Join the National Symphony Orchestra for Carmen. Wolf Trap. 8:15 p.m. (Details: 1-877-WOLFTRAP).
• The Washington Nationals are in Cincinnati, so check out the Potomac Nationals. Tonight’s “Merica Night,” and there will be fireworks Saturday and Sunday. (Details: 703-590-2311).
• It’s somewhat of a trek from here but it’s worth it. It’s FloydFest, and eclectic mix of music that’s been going since Wednesday and runs through Sunday. Floyd, Va. (Details: floydfest.com).
• Berries and crafts and music. It’s the Chincoteague Island Blueberry Festival, and it runs through Sunday. (Details: ChincoteagueBlueberryFestival.com).
• Get crazy. Get quirky. Get noodling. It’s the near-indescribable phenomenon that is a Phish concert. Merriweather Post Pavillion. There’s also a show Sunday, as well. Grounds open at 5:30 p.m. (Details: 410-715-5550).
• Take me out to the. . .Billy Joel concert. Nationals Park. 8 p.m. (Details: 202-675-6287).
• Ya, mon. Ziggy Marley plays the Fillmore in Silver Spring. (Details: 301-960-9999).
• The name says it all: BEER FEST. 500 New York Ave., NW. (Details: drinkthedistrict.com).
• Break out the happy feet for National Dance Day. Kennedy Center. 5-7 p.m. (Details: 202-467-4600).
• It’s the final day for the wide-ranging Capital Fringe Festival. Various acts and locations. (Details: 866-811-4111).