They’re ginger snaps without the “snap”! That’s according to NewsChannel 8 meteorologist Adam Caskey. He also refers to them as his grandmother’s FAMOUS ginger cookies, so they must be delicious!
Being from Minnesota, Adam is used to white Christmases. But for more than ten years now, he and his family have celebrated the holidays here in the D.C. area. As a father of two young kids, the Caskey's have lots of holiday traditions - including the baking and eating of homemade Ginger Snaps!
ADAM CASKEY'S GINGER SNAPS
3/4 cup shortening
1 cup of sugar
2 cups of flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 cup molasses
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
• Beat shortening, egg and sugar until fluffy and add other ingredients.
• Chill dough and then roll into inch size balls.
• Roll in sugar and bake at 350 degrees for ten minutes.
• Allow cookies to cool on cookie sheet for a minute or two after removing from oven.
• Place on cooling rack to let them finish cooling.