WASHINGTON (AP) - A hearing on whether three U.S. Naval Academy midshipmen should be court-martialed on sexual assault accusations is being delayed by a dispute over the accuser's medical records.
Attorneys for the three former football players charged in the case said Wednesday that the woman's medical records should be part of the Article 32 hearing. They obtained some records earlier in the day and asked for the hearing to continue.
But the woman's attorney, Susan Burke, says the records date to before the alleged incident last year and should not be admissible.
Cmdr. Robert Monahan, the investigating officer in the case, says he will review the request by the defense attorneys with the academy's superintendent, who forwarded charges to him.
The hearing is scheduled to resume Wednesday afternoon.