Jamese Queen charged after three Maryland bank thefts

GLEN BURNIE, Md. (WJLA) - A modern-day female bank robber who struck two Glen Burnie banks three times has finally been caught.

The first robbery was on September 13 at approximately 4:52 p.m. at the Bank of Glen Burnie on 101 Crain Highway South.

The second time was on Saturday, September 28 at approximately 11:15 a.m. at the same bank.

Finally, the last time was Saturday, October 5 at approximately 12:07 p.m. Officers responded to the Bank of Glen Burnie located at 740 Stevenson Road in Severn.

Upon arrival, officers spoke with bank employees, who said that a black female suspect entered the establishment wearing a green baseball cap. In each instance, she walked in brazenly and slipped the teller a note demanding money.

"That is sad, but in these days and times people are really doing some ridiculous things," said Rona Francion of Fort Meade.

While the robber made off with an undisclosed amount of cash the first two hits, she took off before getting the cash on Saturday – eluding police. However, surveillance cameras managed to capture her image as she made a run for it, hopping into a black Hyundai getaway car.

"This particular bank robbery suspect is unique," said Chief Kevin Davis with Anne Arundel Police. "A very alert employee at the Bank of Glen Burnie jotted down her tag number -- that was just the break we needed."

It turns out the car belonged to 47-year-old Jamese Queen, a mother and bus driver for Prince George’s County public schools.

P.G. County school officials would only say that Queen worked for the District as a driver for about a year. But Criminal Investigation Detectives and FBI agents were summoned to investigate the incident, after which it was confirmed that Queen was responsible for all three robberies.

Her Hyundai was found in Glen Burnie by an officer, and additional detectives and officers located Queen in an apartment. She was taken to custody and charge with robbery and theft over $1,000 for both September 13 and 18, and attempted robbery on October 5.