Shear Bliss Salon & Day Spa damaged in building fire in Laurel

A fire caused significant damage to a hair salon in Laurel, Maryland late Tuesday night.

LAUREL, Md. (WJLA) – A building fire caused significant damage to a local beauty salon in Prince George’s County on Wednesday.

The fire occurred at Shear Bliss Salon & Day Spa, located in the 109 block of 2nd St., just before 1 a.m. Wednesday.

Firefighters were able to extinguish the fire fairly quickly upon arriving on scene.

The fire, which began on the second floor of the business, appears to have been caused by an unattended candle.

No one was inside the building during the fire. There were no civilian or fire personnel injuries.

Damages are estimated at $50,000.

This marks the third fire in a week in Lauren that was caused by an unattended candle/incense.