Man electrocuted in Bethesda

      A man electrocuted Monday after he suffered an electrical shock at a Safeway store under construction in Bethesda, Md.

      Montgomery County Fire & Rescue Spokesperson Captain Oscar Garcia says units were dispatched at 1:19 p.m. for a report of an electrical shock in the 5000 block of Bradley Boulevard.

      The man, in his late 40s, was transported to a local hospital. Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing and Regulation Spokesperson Michael Raia confirms that the man has died from his injuries

      Garcia says arriving units found the worker unconscious and unresponsive. He has been working on or near the electrical panel when his injuries occurred.

      Pepco and the Maryland Occupational Safety and Health were notified.