Mother-daughter builds on women’s history to inspire the present
WASHINGTON (ABC7) —
A local mother-daughter duo is celebrating Women's History Month by honoring the female pioneers of yesterday and shaping a better tomorrow.
Motivational speaker Cheryl Wood and her daughter Jayana say it's imperative to reflect on the triumphs of women of the past and turn it into action today. The duo visited GMW to share six ways women can build on the past and shape history:
- Share your story (or positive message) with the world .
- Mentor young children in your community.
- Support organizations that empower women.
- Find out what you're good at (and what you love) and boldly purse it .
- Thank a woman who inspires you.
- Keep yourself inspired by educating yourself about women who helped shape history.