Kick your health into high gear with 7 foods packed with nutrition
WASHINGTON (ABC7) —
This morning we combined meatless and motivation Monday so you can start the week in full force. Nutrition specialist Elise Wims, aka The Diva Chef, shared seven foods to kick your health into high gear, as well as two nutritious dishes you can easily make at home.
Chocolate chia pudding topped with fresh berries
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup chocolate almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- Combine all of the ingredients in a blender, and blend until a uniform texture is achieved.
- Transfer to a sealed container and allow to chill overnight.
- Garnish: Fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries
Herbed ricotta and asparagus tart with lemon and shaved romano
- 3/4 part skim ricotta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 Tbsp fresh chiffonade basil
- 1.5 Tbsp low-fat milk
- 1Tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- 1 roasted garlic clove
- 1/2 TSP pink Himalayan sea salt, divided
- 12 frozen phyllo pastry sheets thawed
- 3.5 Tbsp olive oil divided
- 1.5 lb asparagus spears, ends trimmed
- 1 Oz pecorino romano
- Fresh lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 400
- Stir together first 6 ingredients and half of the salt.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper start with one pastry sheet and brush with oil repeating layers.
- Spread ricotta mixture on stack taking care to leave a 1-inch border
- Line asparagus up on top of ricotta mixture, season with salt and pepper and bake until dough is crisp about 20 minutes and top with shaved cheese