Celebrating female entrepreneurs with DC's Spice Girls
WASHINGTON (ABC7) —
Angel Anderson of DC's The Spice Suite has created a haven for female pioneers to showcase their business via weekly pop-up shops at her store. These women have become known as DC's Spice Girls, and this morning we highlighted their achievements and innovative products.
- Kizzy Anderson, Kurated. Vintage (antique and couture) art, fashion and findings.
- Maya (May-uh) Johnson, Herpothecary. Herbal bath and body care products such as artisan soaps, beard balms, yoni steams, bath teas, etc.
- Niya Taylor, “More Leaf More Life,” Custom earrings including suede hoops, Yarn Tassles and custom Leather patchwork earrings
- Cody Curry - Hyde Your Jewelry Handmade leather art wear. Earrings, necklaces, bracelets and such.
- Chrissy Sheffey - Charismatic Creations, Mobile Bartending Service for all events and Hand-crafted Premium Non-Alcoholic Infusions
- Samantha Simms and Stacie Moore, Instant Vintage 78, vintage clothing, jewelry and accessories from the 1950s-1990s
- Kenyetta Corbin, Natural 4 Naturals, All Natural Hair & Body Self Care; Whipped Hair & Body Butters, Yoni Steams, soaps Yoni Wash, Etc
- Tiaa Rutherford, TeTe's Butter Co. - planted based body and beauty products for the entire family.
- Jamila Lake, YellowBagDesigns: Jewelry, Aroma Beads, Room Sprays, Plant-Based Wax Melts, Handbags/Make-up Bags
- Rabia Kamara. Ruby Scoops Ice Cream & Sweets. Small batch locally/seasonally sourced frozen desserts & sweets
- Latoya Doyley, Custom Made or Distressed Clothing for women, Men and children T-shirt’s, Jean’s, Denim, jackets and shorts
- Danita Nikki Brooks, Creator of Zen in a Jar. Whipped butters, sugar scrubs, soaps, linen sprays and more. Affordable luxury for the mind, body & space.
- Celena Gill, Celena Gill Design. tees, mugs, pins, candles.
- Sam Smith, New Vintage by Sam, Vintage inspired luxuries, including handcrafted, upcycled, repurposed and authentic vintage wears.
- Jennifer Dean, Moxy Lounge. Vintage clothing and adornments